Saint André Fellowship
Offering recent college graduates a formative experience in service, advocacy & leadership.
Our parish offers two post-graduate opportunities for young adults to explore their faith within a community that is experiencing urban poverty issues. The positions are designed to support the Fellows’ future aspirations with a year-long experience of personal, professional, and spiritual formation.
- Full-time, 12-month position (beginning in August 2013).
- Compensated with a living-wage salary and benefits.
- Serve as a member of the pastoral team, participating in staff retreats, weekly meetings and educational trainings on mental illness and other poverty issues.
- Responsibilities include staffing our daily Morning Hospitality program, working special events, supervising volunteers, and advocating for community members.
- Distinctions between the two Fellowship positions:
- Immersion Coordinator: Primary responsibility is coordinating our Saturday Immersions program, a day retreat for local university and high school students interested in exploring the connection between faith and service, learning about urban poverty issues, and experiencing our ministry of presence and hospitality.
- Evening Hospitality Coordinator: Primary responsibility is coordinating our Evening Hospitality program on Thursday and Friday nights. This program provides a meal and a safe environment to our neighbors living both inside and outside.
- Additional opportunities (depending on the interests of each Fellow):
- Developing new programs that address both immediate needs and systemic change.
- Spiritual direction and writing reflections about the fellowship experience.
- Involvement with liturgies and faith formation programs in the parish.
Update: Both Fellowship positions for 2013-2014 have been filled.